Workouts 5-8 released!
Athletes participating, things to keep in mind:
– did you purchase Salt Stick capsules to keep electrolytes balanced and to prevent muscle cramps?
– did you purchase tape to preserve your grip/hands?
– Friday is a rest day for all participants
– Thursday should be a toned down day in intensity and volume
– did you pack spare clothes, sleeping bag, pillow, toothbrush, deodorant?
– did you pack enough water? I plan on consuming 1/2 my bodyweight in ounces plus 18-20 extra 16.9 ounce bottles of water on top of that (AquaHydrate has donated some water, but not a 24 hour supply)
– did you pack easy to digest snacks? i.e. beef jerky, fruits, trail mix, vegetable sticks, protein powder, shaker cup
Shout out to all of our generous sponsors. Without their help, it wouldn’t be the same:
– Kill Cliff
– Oh My Bar
– Stronger Faster Healthier
– JC Knight Demolition Services
– Jersey Mikes (Norco location)
– CrossFit CrownTown
– Aqua Hydrate
– JRM Engineering & Design
Last, but not least, keep in mind it is better to have and not need than need and not have. It will be smart to pack some meals, but not necessary. Thankfully, we’ll have a lot of support from our close knit community. They are coming together to supply us with meals throughout the day. This is very much appreciated and we are happy to have such quality people in our lives. Without their support we wouldn’t be able to endure this challenge. ~ WW
***ATTN ALL MEMBERS*** there will be NO classes on Saturday, August 24th. The WOD 4 JROD event will be going on and the gym will be open only for this event. Feel free to come by and support anytime between 6am on Saturday-6am on Sunday
***ATTN ALL PARENTS***Kids Strength & Conditioning is every Friday at 5pm. It will be an ongoing program. Punch cards of 10 sessions for $100 are available for purchase. Ages 6-13 years old will be eligible for the program. Keep your kids active and healthy during the summer!
- August 24-25th: WOD 4 J-ROD. CrownTown’s first in house charity event. Registrants will perform 24 workouts in 24 hours (6am-6am). There is a $100 entry fee and a portion of the proceeds will go to The Seven Stars Foundation. This event is at capacity. We look forward to honoring the six brave men and one woman who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
- August 31st: The Summer Shakedown in Huntington Beach is a team competition. We have one team registered so far with Garrett M., Spencer M., Carly R., and, Melissa I. Make sure you mark your calendar to come support CrownTown’s community.
- September 14th: Dynamic Duo competition put on by Legendary Competitor is being held at Cal State Dominguez in Carson, Ca. There is a $10,000 cash purse for the winners of the RX Division. CrownTown has three teams competing at the venue. Brothers, Nick D. and Joe D. are one team, Coach WW and a training partner from LA are another team, and brothers, Calvin B. and Brandon B. are another team.
Strength: Deficit Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3
*NOTES: stand on 15# plates, heavy as possible with perfect form, jog a 200 meter after each set
WOD: NOT for time, 21-15-9 of:
Single arm Dumbbell Row (both arms)
Immediately followed by:
NOT for time, 21-15-9 of:
Bench Press, 135/95 pounds
Post results to comments and www.BeyondTheWhiteBoard.com
BaseFit: Ten rounds for time of:
14 ABMAT Sit-ups
21 Double Unders
Immediately followed by:
Cool down: 100 Supermen, every time you stop to rest you must Run to the fire hydrant and back
*NOTE: 30 minute time cap
*Remember all CrossFit style workouts are scalable and modifiable to each individuals fitness level
© copyright Powered By WW, LLC 2013