Pictured above in the collage is sixteen year old Dylan Merriam. These shots were taken two weeks ago after he secured a first place finish at Monster Energy’s Mammoth Motocross. This is the second biggest race in his sport all year. Only second to the National Championship, Loretta’s, which he qualified for in Washington three weeks ago and will be live broadcasted on NBC August 3rd. CrownTown has been lucky enough to handle this kids strength and conditioning for the past two years. He’s made huge gains in strength, power, speed, stamina, and, endurance. In motocross there are so many variables that have to be perfect in order to be successful. When it comes to his physical preparation we are confident that together we have that variable under control and in his favor. Dylan’s entering his final year of racing to earn a spot as a professional athlete in his sport. The stars are aligned. His supportive family is helping him in every way possible. Whether it be with his diet, his training, hydration, recovery, sleep, they are all on point. Plus, he’s coming off a huge victory in Mammoth, so let’s hope he keeps this momentum going strong as he pushes to do what so few are able to do. Luck is inconsistent and skill is always there. Keep working hard, Dylan. CrownTown is behind you all the way! ~ Your coach, WW
***ATTN ALL PARENTS***Kids Strength & Conditioning is every Friday at 5pm. It will be an ongoing program. Punch cards of 10 sessions for $100 are available for purchase. Ages 6-13 years old will be eligible for the program. Keep your kids active and healthy during the summer!
ATTN ALL CROWNTOWN MEMBERS – the Mobility class is now in session. Every Thursday at 8:30am. The class is instructed by a licensed Physical Therapist & CrossFitter, Denise Franks. It’s geared towards educating our community on how to correctly perform basic human maintenance for optimal recovery, ridding ailments and increasing range of motion/efficiency. Take advantage of this member perk.
- July 13th: Battle of the Boxes team competition. 8am-7pm. Teams of 4 (2 men and 2 women) with Intermediate and Advanced divisions. We have one Advanced team so far. Garrett M., Spencer M., Carly R., and, Melissa I. Make sure you plan to come support the CrownTown community in Upland. Registration is still open. Click on the link above for more info.
- August 3rd-4th: CrownTown’s first in house charity event. Registrants will perform 24 workouts in 24 hours (6am-6am). There will be an entry fee and a portion of the proceeds will go to a special hero’s foundation. Limited spaces available. More details to follow.
- August 3rd: Benchmark Throwdown in Temecula. Paula H. is signed up to compete in the Masters Division. Plan on showing your community support for Paula, if you can make it to watch her. Also, registration is still open.
- August 3rd: Interbox Friendly team competition. We have a team registered, so come show your support for the CrownTown community by cheering on Jamie M., Brett R., Yvette M., & Kim Wisnia, several of whom is their first competition.
- August 31st: The Summer Shakedown in Huntington Beach is a team competition. We have one team registered so far with Garrett M., Spencer M., Carly R., and, Melissa I. Make sure you. Mark. Your calendar to come support CrownTown’s community.
Strength: 4 X 10 Barbell Bridges, AHAP
WOD: For time:
100 ft Walking lunge
25 Knees to elbows
5 Rope climb, 15 ft
50 Box jump, 24/20 inch box
25 Overhead squats, 65/45 pounds
*NOTE: this WOD has a 20 minute time cap
Post results to comments and www.BeyondTheWhiteBoard.com
BaseFit: Death By 10 meter Run
Immediately upon finishing:
21-15-9 reps for time of:
*NOTE: 30 minute cap for entire WOD
*Remember all CrossFit style workouts are scalable and modifiable to each individuals fitness level
© copyright Powered By WW, LLC 2013