Pictured above is Alex Rojas shortly after he demolished the fastest time in the gym for the 1 mile time trial Run. He is the first athlete from CrossFit CrownTown to run a mile in under 5 minutes. Before his 4:55 mile the fastest time belonged to Nate Chabolla at 5:16. After the run, Alex and I exchanged some text messages. It made his accomplishment tonight that much cooler (as if a sub 5 minute mile isn’t cool enough). Here is part of our conversation:
Very proud of Alex for his achievement and all his progress with CrossFit in less than 6 months. He’s part of the “Early Jerks Get Snatch” at 5:15am with his brother and some long time friends/co-workers. Good stuff, Alex! ~ WW
***ATTN ALL CROWNTOWN MEMBERS – Yoga classes have started! Every Thursday at 8:30am. We’ll also announce certain Fridays at 5pm. Take advantage of this CF member perk.
***ATTN ALL WOMEN – CrownTown has a new program for you. We just added another program option. Evenings of Tuesday & Friday at 6pm. This new schedule starts on Tuesday, February 12th. Contact us for a spot in the class. Click on the link for more info. Women CrossFit
***ATTN ALL CROWNTOWN MEMBERS – The Endurance program is in full effect! Every Tuesday at 5pm. Take advantage of this CF member perk.
- March 9-April 6: Every Saturday for five weeks we will be hosting an in house competition style event. The workouts will be the Reebok CrossFit Games Open workouts. If you are registered to compete, please make sure you choose a heat time to perform your workout. If you are not registered, please show up between 7-10am to volunteer your time to help support your community. After the competition you may also get your workout in.
- May 17-19:Reebok CrossFit Games SoCal Regional Competition at Del Mar Fairgrounds. Top 48 men/women and the top 30 teams from the SoCal region compete for a spot to advance to the finals at The Home Depot Center in July.
Thursday & Friday
Skill for Quality:
3 rounds not for time of:
– 3 Wall Climbs
– 5 Forward Rolls
– 7 Down-ups
– 9 Grasshoppers
5 rounds for time of:
– 7 Power Cleans, 135/95 pounds
– 14 KB SDHP, Red/Blue
– 21 second accumulation of L-sit hold
*NOTE: this WOD has a 20 minute time cap
Post results to comments and www.BeyondTheWhiteBoard.com
20 minute AMRAP of:
– 20 Double Unders
– 20 OH Walking Lunge Steps, 45/25 plate
– 20 Air Squats
*Remember all CrossFit style workouts are scalable and modifiable to each individuals fitness level
© copyright Powered By WW, LLC 2013