Nate C. (Upper left) is a 32 year old Loan Officer, Dylan M. (Upper right) is a 16 year old Motocross rider/student, Joe Y. (Lower left) is a 20 year old college student, and, Joe M. (Lower right) is a 48 year old business owner/father. All of them doing Wednesday’s WOD as RX’d shown here cranking out muscle-ups. Now you tell me CrossFit isn’t for everyone. Do you think these guys did this on their first day? Nope. They all started with On-ramp. Having that said, below are the results from February’s On-ramp session #1 WOD. I’m very confident we will be posting pics like the one above and success stories for many of them in the future. Until then we will be educating them on the fundamentals and coaching them along the way. ~ WW
Rose and WW getting down on a WOD.
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”
― Jimmy Johnson
***ATTN ALL CROWNTOWN MEMBERS – Yoga classes have started! Every Thursday at 8am. We’ll also announce certain Fridays at 5pm. Take advantage of this CF member perk.
***ATTN ALL WOMEN – CrownTown has a new program for you. We just added another program option. Evenings of Tuesday & Friday at 6pm. This new schedule starts on Tuesday, February 12th. Contact us for a spot in the class. Click on the link for more info. Women CrossFit
***ATTN ALL CROWNTOWN MEMBERS – The Endurance program is in full effect! Every Tuesday at 5pm. Take advantage of this CF member perk.
- February 15th: Cupid’s Massacre. A coed competition with an Advanced/Intermediate division option. Starts at 5pm and ends at 9pm. Coach Rose & WW, Kalena A. & Ryan O., and, Kyle S. & Bobbi M. are all registered to compete.
- February 23rd: Legendary Competitor’s Diamond in the Tough masters competition. Paula H., Errol T., Garey C., and, Kip F. are registered for this competition.
- February 23rd:CrossFit Kinnick’s Battle of the Boxes. They have Intermediate and Advanced divisions for this team competition. Each team is comprised of 2 Men/2 Women. CrownTown has one team formed already. WW, Coach Rose, Nico A., and, Carly R. (Yes, the 16 year old phenom).
- March 6-April 7: 2013 Reebok CrossFit Games Open begins. Registration is now live. Click here for more info.
- March 9th: Fallen Angels I. This is an endurance race put on by Legendary Competitor (same venue as the NLI’s). 3.5-5 mile race. Click on the link for more info.
Thursday & Friday
100 Partner Wall Balls
100 Hand Release Burpees
100 ABMAT Sit-ups (touch TOES)
100 Box Jumps
100 Jumping Pull-ups (bar must be at or above mid forearm with arms extended overhead)
*NOTE: this WOD has a 30 minute time cap/partners may break up reps any way they choose, as long as the work gets done
Strength: Back Squat 3-3-2-2-1-1
Five rounds for time of:
275/185 pound Deadlift, 7 reps
30 Air Squats
7 Handstand push-ups
*NOTE: this WOD has a 15 minute time limit
Post results to comments and www.BeyondTheWhiteBoard.com
*Remember all CrossFit style workouts are scalable and modifiable to each individuals fitness level
© copyright Powered By WW, LLC 2013