I was thinking about making a video to address this skill set, but fortunately I stumbled across this one on YouTube. It doesn’t apply to today’s WOD. Although, recently I have seen many athletes (yes, you are an athlete) who are kipping and not using your hips. You here me say it all the time. GLUTES! This is where all your power comes from. Watch this video and learn how to practice perfectly. Stop using just your legs and start using your GLUTES to genrate the necessary power for a kipping HSPU. ~ WW
“It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
― Babe Ruth
***ATTN ALL CROWNTOWN MEMBERS – Yoga classes have started! Every Thursday at 8am. We’ll also announce certain Fridays at 5pm. Take advantage of this CF member perk.
***ATTN ALL WOMEN – CrownTown has a new program for you. We just added another program option. Evenings of Tuesday & Friday at 6pm. This new schedule starts on Tuesday, February 12th. Contact us for a spot in the class. Click on the link for more info. Women CrossFit
***ATTN ALL CROWNTOWN MEMBERS – The Endurance program is in full effect! Every Tuesday at 5pm. Take advantage of this CF member perk.
- February 15th: Cupid’s Massacre. A coed competition with an Advanced/Intermediate division option. Starts at 5pm and ends at 9pm. Coach Rose & WW, Kalena A. & Ryan O., and, Kyle S. & Bobbi M. are all registered to compete.
- February 23rd: Legendary Competitor’s Diamond in the Tough masters competition. Paula H., Errol T., Garey C., and, Kip F. are registered for this competition.
- February 23rd:CrossFit Kinnick’s Battle of the Boxes. They have Intermediate and Advanced divisions for this team competition. Each team is comprised of 2 Men/2 Women. CrownTown has one team formed already. WW, Coach Rose, Nico A., and, Carly R. (Yes, the 16 year old phenom).
- March 6-April 7: 2013 Reebok CrossFit Games Open begins. Registration is now live. Click here for more info.
- March 9th: Fallen Angels I. This is an endurance race put on by Legendary Competitor (same venue as the NLI’s). 3.5-5 mile race. Click on the link for more info.
Warm-up: Jog 800 meters
WOD: For time:
– 100 Air Squats
– 10 DB Push Press
– 80 Air Squats
– 20 DB Push Press
– 60 Air Squats
– 30 DB Push Press
– 40 Air Squats
– 40 DB Push Press
– 20 Air Squats
– 50 DB Push Press
*NOTE: this WOD has a 30 minute time cap
Strength: Barbell Bridges 4 X 10 (heavy as possible)
WOD: For time:
– 50 Wall Balls, 20/14 pound ball
– 10 Muscle-ups
– 40 Wall Balls, 20/14 pound ball
– 8 Muscle-ups
– 30 Wall Balls, 20/14 pound ball
– 6 Muscle-ups
– 20 Wall Balls, 20/14 pound ball
– 4 Muscle-ups
– 10 Wall Balls, 20/14 pound ball
– 2 Muscle-ups
*NOTE: this WOD has a 25 minute time cap
Post results to comments and www.BeyondTheWhiteBoard.com
*Remember all CrossFit style workouts are scalable and modifiable to each individuals fitness level
© copyright Powered By WW, LLC 2013