Registration is now live at games.crossfit.com Whether you are the Fittest on Earth or it’s your first time competing in CrossFit, welcome to the 2013 Reebok CrossFit Games Open! The Open will put competitors through five workouts over five weeks, starting March 6 and ending April 7. The first workout will be released at 5 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, March 6. To be in the running for Regional or Masters Competition, you must register, complete the first workout, and submit your score by 5 pm Pacific Time on Sunday, March 10. If you registered for the 2012 Reebok CrossFit Games Open, CrossFit for Hope, or the Online Judges Course, DO NOT create a new account. Use last year’s username and password, and you’ll be led through the Open registration process. This way last year’s results will be linked to this year’s. You’ll be able to compare times, lifts, and benchmarks. Send any questions to email@example.com. It’s on! Get registered and ramp up the training. Fewer than five weeks remain until the first workout is announced. ~ CrossFit HQ
We’ll be announcing this before classes begin until registration closes on March 6th. Whether you think you can compete with the world’s fittest or not, I highly recommend you get involved for several reasons. First and foremost, there will be workouts released that you would normally scale/modify. However, due to the fact that you cannot scale in order to submit a valid score somehow several people seem to figure out a way to get on the board. Meaning doing something they never thought they could. Advancing the end date of their SMART goal, if you will. This happens when the entire community raises their intensity level, comes together, and, supports one another to achieve greater things. What’s the end result? You are more fit than before. If that’s not enough of a reason right there, your contribution to our affiliate’s overall ranking could be the difference between CrossFit CrownTown sending a team to compete at the Regional competition or not. They may release workouts that are in your wheelhouse and your performance could be a determining factor for the cause. Besides, the workouts released on a weekly basis will be fit into our normal programming, which means you are all going to be doing the workouts anyway. Last year 65,000 people signed up worldwide and it will probably be more than 100,000 this year. It’s cool to be able to see how you fare against others in the world. So, if you don’t do it for yourself, do it for the team! ~ WW
***ATTN ALL CROWNTOWN MEMBERS – Yoga classes have started! Every Thursday at 8am. We’ll also announce certain Fridays at 5pm. Take advantage of this CF member perk.
***ATTN ALL WOMEN – CrownTown has a new program for you. We just added another program option. Evenings of Tuesday & Friday at 6pm. This new schedule starts on Tuesday, February 12th. Contact us for a spot in the class. Click on the link for more info. Women CrossFit
***ATTN ALL CROWNTOWN MEMBERS – The Endurance program is in full effect! Every Tuesday at 5pm. Take advantage of this CF member perk.
- February 15th: Cupid’s Massacre. A coed competition with an Advanced/Intermediate division option. Starts at 5pm and ends at 9pm. Coach Rose & WW are registered. I believe Kalena A. & Ryan O., as well as, Kyle S. & Bobbi M. are also competing.
- February 23rd: Legendary Competitor’s Diamond in the Tough masters competition. Paula H., Errol T., Garey C., and, Kip F. are registered for this competition.
- February 23rd:CrossFit Kinnick’s Battle of the Boxes. They have Intermediate and Advanced divisions for this team competition. Each team is comprised of 2 Men/2 Women. CrownTown has one team formed already. WW, Coach Rose, Nico A., and, Carly R. (Yes, the 16 year old phenom).
- March 6-April 7: 2013 Reebok CrossFit Games Open begins. Registration is now live. Click here for more info.
- March 9th: Fallen Angels I. This is an endurance race put on by Legendary Competitor (same venue as the NLI’s). 3.5-5 mile race. Click on the link for more info.
100 Russian KB Swings
80 OH Walking Lunge w/ KB (40 left & 40 right)
60 KB Snatch (30 left & 30 right)
40 KB One legged RDLs (20 left & 20 right)
20 KB Clean & Press (10 left & 10 right)
*NOTE: entire WOD to be done with the same KB, 30 minute time cap
10 minute AMRAP of:
– 30 Double Unders
– 15 Power Snatch, 75/55 pounds
Strength: 1 Shoulder Press, 3 Push Press, 5 Push Jerk X 3 sets @ 90% of 1RM Shoulder Press
Post results to comments and www.BeyondTheWhiteBoard.com
*Remember all CrossFit style workouts are scalable and modifiable to each individuals fitness level
© copyright Powered By WW, LLC 2013