Meet “The Killer B’s”. That is the nickname (thanks Rob Franks) for my new sons, Brayden & Bentley Willette. I had a lot of time in the hospital to put together an awesome WOD that welcomes them into the world CrownTown style. They were born on 9-6-12, so we are doing a triplet where all the movements start with the letter “B”. The rep scheme and time domain represents their DOB. Two of our coaches already did this total body blaster. Great feedback. Have fun! – WW
If we don’t start, it’s certain we can’t arrive. -Zig Ziglar
26 DAYS UNTIL THE NUTRITION CHALLENGE IS OVER!!! Over $1,000 in cash/prizes.
October 12th: Fitness Wave will be here Friday evening for the follow-up dunk. This date marks the end of the challenge. If you know you can’t make this date, please click on the link and schedule your follow up dunk directly with Fitness Wave ahead of time, as close to this date as possible.
October 13th: NLI “Warrior Soul Series” II – This is a CrossFit competition with three different divisions plus a masters division.
December 1st – or -2nd: Spartan Race. I’m going to do this event on Sunday. It would be cool to have more people from CrownTown join me. You can have teams where they take the top 4 times from each team and rank you against all other teams. Click here for more info. Please let me know before you register so I can create the team and you can join it.
December 8th: NLI “Warrior Soul Series” III – This is a CrossFit competition with three different divisions plus a masters division.
ROD: Paleo Peppers
1/2 cup of Onions
2 Tbsp of oil (Coconut Oil or Olive Oil)
1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
2 cloves of Garlic,
1/2 cup of chopped carrots,
8 oz of fresh spinach
1/2 tsp of oregano
1/2 tsp of parsley
1/2 tsp of dried basil
a pinch of red pepper flakes
4 cups of tomato sauce
5 peppers with their tops, seeds and membranes removed
1) In Saute Pan heat oil over medium heat, add in garlic, onions, and seasonings
2) Add Carrots and heat until the carrots become slightly softened
3) Add in ground Beef, and make sure beef is browned. (Keep in mind, it can be on the rare side since it will be baked later)
4) Add Spinach and let wilt over the heat
5) Add in 3 cups of tomato sauce and mix into the mixture
6) Using a spoon tightly pack each pepper with mixture, Then top with an extra spoonful of tomato sauce
7) Place peppers in a dish that will hold them upright, and fill the bottom with 1/2 inch of water.
8) Bake for 45 min at 350 degrees, and allow them to cool 10 min before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Michelle P.
BaseFit: For time:
70 Mountain Climbers
60 Squats with 45/25 pound plate
50 Russian Twists with 45/25 pound plate
40 Push Press with 45/25 pound plate
10 Walking Lunge Steps
1 Mile Run
Skill: Squatting to get better at Olympic weightlifting
WOD: “The Killer B’s”
20 minute AMRAP of:
9 Backwards Wall Balls, 20/14 pounds
12 Back Squats, 135/95 pounds
Post results to comments and www.BeyondTheWhiteBoard.com
Cool down: jog 1/2 mile
*Remember all CrossFit style workouts are scalable and modifiable to each individuals fitness level
copyright Powered By WW, LLC 2012